When you have guests staying with you, your hope is that they are as comfortable staying in your home as they are in their own home. There are some things that you can do in your guest room to help your guests feel welcome and relaxed during their stay.
Guest Room Items –
- Chair – A comfy chair in the corner is inviting to sit in a while reading or relaxing.
- Desk – If your guest is on a business trip, it’s helpful to have a desk where they can sit and work.
- Dresser – Having a spot to put their clothes and other items will help your guest to feel more welcome.
- Table/Floor Lamp – Personally, I don’t prefer an overhead light. Providing a lamp on the dresser, nightstand and the desk, as well as a floor lamp next to the chair, will keep the room well lit without the use of the overhead.
- Pillows – Having plenty of pillows can ensure that your guests are comfortable while they are in bed.
- Throw – Having a throw that can be used to wrap up, or layer at night in is always helpful to stay warm.
- Hangers – Make sure that there are hangers in the bedroom closet so your guests can hang their clothes and other items.
- Things to Read – A variety of books and magazines give your guests something to read as they’re relaxing.
- Guest Wi-Fi Password – Share your home wi-fi password, so your guests have access while they are visiting. You can print it out and place it in a frame on the desk or nightstand.
- Fresh flowers/Plant – Fresh flowers or a plant can brighten the guest room.
- Candles – Candles can help to add light and warmth to the guest room space and make it cozy and welcoming.
- Diffuser – If you or your guests love using essential oils, having a diffuser in your guest room will help your guests to be able to use their favorite oils at bedtime.
- Essential Oils – Leave a few bottles of essential oils for your guests to use in the diffuser. Personally, I love to diffuse lavender at bedtime.
Bathroom Items –
I keep many of the following items in a basket on the bathroom counter. My guests are invited to help themselves to whatever they may need.
- First Aid Items
- Shaving Cream
- Dental Floss
- Cotton Balls/Swabs
- Blow Dryer
Food Items –
One way to feel your guests feel welcome is to make some of their favorite foods. Also, it’s helpful to find out if your guests have food allergies and intolerances. As someone who deals with both food allergies and intolerances, it always means a lot that someone cares enough to ask even if I don’t want to make extra work for them during my visit.
Keep your guests comfortable during their stay with you. By providing some of the comforts of home, your guests will feel welcome and relaxed during their stay.
Until next time,